An innovative FinTech is developing a next-generation cloud-native technology platform to enable businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across the world, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. The platform is to be built on a highly available and robust microservices architecture, using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards.
We are looking for agile software engineers with passion and energy, a strong desire to learn, improve and a commitment to excellence. You will be responsible for building scalable systems, working mainly in Java technologies in a Microservices environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Understanding of algorithm design, complex problem solving, data analysis and OOP
- Proficiency in, at least, one of Java, Python, NodeJS, C, C++
- Knowledge of building services using a well-known framework like Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, Git, SQL, REST API, Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and experience of working with tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI,
- Experience of working with micro-services and designing APIs based on REST, gRPC or SOAP
- Experience of working with data formats like JSON, XML, Yaml
- Domain Knowledge of Financial Technology and Payments processing.
- Experience of leading the delivery of specific Capital Markets or Banking Payment solutions, in areas such as Faster / Instant Payments, SEPA, SWIFT, BACS and mobile payments.
- Knowledge in core payment areas and are able to articulate the functional and technical specification for e.g. SWIFT, ACH, GIRO, Bacs, CHIPS and CHAPS
- In depth knowledge of the Payments Value Chain, able to articulate the functional and technical differences between: Initiation, Order Management, Execution and Clearing & Settlement.
Our Tech Stack
- On the Server: Java with AspectJ and Maven, Spring Framework including AOP, Boot, JDBC, MVC, Security, jersey & Hibernate. Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, and Casandra, JPA. Message brokers including ActiveMQ. PHP with Zend, Eclipselink, Axon, Jhipster, Neo 4j
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins/Travis, Test: Driven Development with , JUnit, Karma, REST-assured, Gradle, Mocha, Jasmine, Apache Maven, Component, Grunt, RequireJS, PhantomJS, Cloud Services, Docker, Kubernetes
Given the current global situation of Covid-19, the travel requirement and the work therein will be adjusted accordingly so that the work can be done via digital platforms and on a remote basis until things change.