ProgressiveRes is a specialist recruitment company, providing quality permanent and contract staffing solutions to clients across UK.
We have a great new opportunity in Leicester for a Head of Nursing (RGN) to join the team at a specialist nursing home for adults.
- Reporting to the Home Manager
- Assume overall responsibility for all clinical issues within the Home
- Assist in the overall management of the Home promoting a homely, safe environment with a focus on quality care provision
- Be conversant with the carehome policies and procedures and the regulatory framework with which the home is required to comply and ensure that the home operates in accordance with these
- Ensure care practices are reflective of the requirements of the statutory bodies and the latest research, and that such practices are reviewed and developed regularly, in order to ensure best practice
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents’ participation in the planning and reviewing of care
- Maintain an efficient system for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care
- Ensure an appropriate exchange of information between all grades of staff to promote continuity of care
- Liase with relevant parties in order to facilitate service user care and well-being
- Report any actual or potential shortfalls in the provision of service user care to the Home Manager or Regional Manager
- Ensure the safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC guidelines and carehomes policies and procedures, reporting to the Home Manager as necessary.
- Delegate duties to other staff members and monitor their performance
- Maintain effective systems for the development and management of infection control, service user moving and handling, tissue viability and meeting the nutritional needs of Service Users
- Provide guidance and training to relevant staff on the above
- Assume full responsibility for professional development of registered nurses and care staff
- Contribute to the continuing development of the Home through professional self-development and the promotion of evidence based practice
- Promote the effective and efficient use of all resources and supplies to maintain an adequate stock level of all items appropriate to the needs of the Home and its service users
- To undertake other duties applicable to the post, as necessary for the efficient running of the Home and effective delivery of care